Stroke and Post-Surgery Recovery Services London Ontario
What is the Key to Our Stroke & Surgery Recovery?
Life can be unexpected. It is difficult to cope with your loved one being affected by disease or suffering an accident. After receiving treatment, your loved one is likely anxious to return home to recover and hopefully resume their normal lives. While returning home is comforting, it is often associated with anxiety as your loved one may be unsure when and if they will be able to return to their regular activities and lifestyle.
Furthermore, especially in the early stages of recovery, your loved one may need additional support with personal care and diet, emotional support, extended supervision, and help communicating. Our team has extensive experience and training to help your loved one transition back to living at home smoothly and safely. Our professional caregivers and nurses provide services such as:
- Assistance with personal hygiene such as bathing, toileting, grooming and dressing
- Helping with mobility including driving to and from appointments
- Meal preparation and assistance with eating
- Medication reminders, communication with healthcare providers and scheduling of appointments
- Help following discharge instructions, rehabilitation activities and incorporate the new material into daily routines
- In-home occupational and physiotherapy to help recover the muscle, balance and range of motion, as well as help re-learn movements such as walking
- Speech-language pathology services to help regain the language skills as well as work on methods to resolve memory, thinking and communication complications
- Light housekeeping, shopping and laundry
Custom Illness Respite & Post-Surgery Assistance
Get Dementia Assistance & Alzheimer Help Right Away
We understand that recovery process can be complicated and challenging for both your loved one and your family. Our caregivers and nurses understand the emotional and physical factors involved in the recovery process. With their knowledge and experience, our team will ensure that the needs of your loved one are met and empower and support your family on their journey to recovery. Our goal is to help your loved one gain their confidence back and develop healthy lifestyle habits to reduce the risks of another stroke.
Developing a Plan of Care
Monitor & Managing
Read Our Senior Care Blog
Vera Home Care Provides Post-Surgery Support & Resources For Family & Adults Recovering From Stroke and Major Ilness
Not sure what care you may need?